Super Eagles trio of Alex Iwobi, Ahmed Musa and Odion Ighalo have been nominated for the CAF African Player Of The Year Award ahead of the forthcoming CAF Awards 2018, reports Completesportsnigeria.com.
Reigning Africa player of the Year Mohamed Salah, Liverpool’s pair of Saido Mane and Naby Keita were also included in the 34-man shortlist for the CAF Awards.
Other notable players nominated for the award are Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Riyad Mahrez, Mehdi Benatia and Thomas Partey.
Super Eagles midfielder Wilfred Ndidi also made the six man shortlist for the young player of the Year for the CAF Awards 2018.
For the women’s African player of the year, Asisat Oshoala, Desire Oparanozie, Francisca Ordega and Onome Ebi were nominated for the CAF Award 2018 edition.
Ahmad: Why CAF Scrapped Africa-Based Best Player, Referees Categories From Aiteo Awards
Gernot Rohr was also nominated for the coach of the year.
The CAF Awards 2018 Gala to honour footballers and officials who distinguished themselves during the year under review, will be held on Tuesday, 8 January 2019 in Dakar, Senegal.
African Player Of The Year Nominees For CAF Awards 2018
1. Abdelmoumene Djabou (Algeria & ES Setif)
2. Ahmed Gomaa (Egypt & El Masry)
3. Ahmed Musa (Nigeria & Al-Nassr )
4. Alex Iwobi (Nigeria & Arsenal)
5. Andre Onana (Cameroon & Ajax)
6. Anis Badri (Tunisia & Esperance)
7. Ayoub El Kaabi (Morocco & Hebei China Fortune)
8. Ben Malango (DR Congo & TP Mazembe)
9. Denis Onyango (Uganda & Mamelodi Sundowns)
10. Fanev Andriatsima (Madagascar & Clermont Foot)
11. Franck Kom (Cameroon & Esperance)
12. Jacinto Muondo Dala ‘Gelson’ (Angola & Primeiro de Agosto)
13. Hakim Ziyech (Morocco & Ajax)
14. Idrissa Gueye (Senegal & Everton)
15. Ismail Haddad (Morocco & Wydad Athletic Club)
16. Jean-Marc Makusu Mundele (DR Congo & AS Vita)
17. Kalidou Koulibaly (Senegal & Napoli)
18. Mahmoud Benhalib (Morocco & Raja Club Athletic)
19. Mehdi Benatia (Morocco & Juventus)
20. Mohamed Salah (Egypt & Liverpool)
21. Moussa Marega (Mali & Porto)
22. Naby Keita (Guinea & Liverpool)
23. Odion Ighalo (Nigeria & Changchun Yatai, Nigeria)
24. Percy Tau (South Africa & Union Saint-Gilloise)
25. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Gabon & Arsenal)
26. Riyad Mahrez (Algeria & Manchester City)
27. Sadio Mane (Senegal & Liverpool)
28. Taha Khenissi (Tunisia & Esperance)
29. Thomas Partey (Ghana & Atletico Madrid)
30. Wahbi Khazri (Tunisia & Saint-Étienne)
31. Walid Soliman (Egypt & Ahly)
32. Wilfried Zaha (Cote d’Ivoire & Crystal Palace)
33. Yacine Brahimi (Algeria & Porto)
34. Youcef Belaili (Algeria & Esperance)
Women’s African Player of the Year Nominees
1. Abdulai Mukarama (Ghana & Northern Ladies)
2. Asisat Oshoala (Nigeria & Dilian Quanjian)
3. Bassira Toure (Mali & AS Mande)
4. Chrestinah Thembi Kgatlana (South Africa & Houston Dash)
5. Desire Oparanozia (Nigeria & Guingamp)
6. Elizabeth Addo (Ghana & Seattle Reign)
7. Francisca Ordega (Nigeria & Washington Spirit)
8. Gabrielle Aboudi Onguene (Cameroon & CSKA Moskow)
9. Gaelle Enganamouit (Cameroon & Avaldenes)
10. Janine Van Wyk (South Africa & Houston Dash)
11. Marlyse Ngo Ndoumbouk (Cameroon & Nancy-Lorraine)
12. Onome Ebi (Nigeria & Hekan Huisanhang)
13. Portia Boakye (Ghana & Djurgardens)
14. Raissa Feudjio (Cameroon & Aland United)
15. Tabitha Chawinga (Malawi & Jiangsu Suning)
Youth Player of the Year Nominees for CaF Awards 2018
1. Achraf Hakimi (Morocco & Borussia Dortmunmd)
2. Wilfred Ndidi (Nigeria & Leicester City)
3. Andre Onana (Cameroon & Aax)
4. Ismaila Sarr (Senegal & Rennes)
5. Mahmoud Benhalib (Morocco & Raja Club Athletic)
6. Franck Kessie (Cote d’Ivoire & AC Milan)
Men’s Coach of the Year Nominees
1. Corentin Martins (Mauritania)
2. Florent Ibenge (AS Vita & DR Congo)
3. Juan Carlos Garrido (Raja Club Athletic)
4. Moine Chaabani (Esperance)
5. Nicolas Dupuis (Madagascar)
6. Patrice Carteron (Al Ahly)
7. Rachid Taoussi (ES Sétif)
8. Herve Renard (Morocco)
9. Aliou Cisse (Senegal)
10. Gernot Rohr (Nigeria)
By Johnny EdwardCopyright © 2022 Completesports.com All rights reserved. The information contained in Completesports.com may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without the prior written authority of Completesports.com.
Where are those bad belle Rohr haters. I thought you all said Rohr is not a good coach. Clowns lol
Nice nominations, but I don’t see Nigerian players getting the African player of the year. But Wilfred Ndidi has no contender in the Youth player category, and I think coach Gernot Rohr has a good chance to win the best coach category.
Call me sentimental, but I think the coach of the year should be for indigenous coaches, not Europeans brought in to manage the teams.
I don’t know why they did not consider Aliou Cissé coach of Senegal. Not only was he the only black coach at the world cup and did very well, almost getting to the second round, but he has also recently lead the Senegal National team to be number one in Africa.
That would encourage other Africans to take up the mantle
Okay, I will call you sentimental then!
Rohr is there to make numbers just like the other Nigerian guys the only one with a chance is Ndidi for young player and our female players. The list is full of average players in the end we all know the final 3 Salah Mane Aubameyang or Mahrez and coach of the year will go to Renard or Coach of Esperance!
I think the last three contenders for the men will be;- Mohamed Salah, Pierre- Emerck A. and Sadio Mane. The last three contenders for the women will be:- Our own Asisat Oshoola, Gaelle Enganamot and Chrestianh Thembi K. Tnen, for the young player award, I don’t think our own Wilfred Ndidi has a rival in this one. Coach of the year will definitely go to Senegal/Nigeria!!!!!
Coach Rohr has a good shut. Ndidi may get it also. If they brought in what an individual has achieved for their National Team, then Musa of Nigeria will be right there. Musa’s goals in Russia should not be forgotten so easily. Those goals made headlines around the World. It is not and it should not be enough to be playing for Liverpool or Arsenal and then claim you are the best in Africa but, your Country can not even qualify for AFCON nor the World Cup. That’s nonsense, imo.
As an Edoman, this is why l tears for Moses when l looked the list this year, Moses name is completely absent. It is as if he has never existed. Why Moses did quit at a time he should be ascending is still a misery to those who loves his style of play. Oh Victor, why ??? Your name was among the Africans best only last year.
Hahaha stop wasting tears Moses doesn’t give a second thought about Africa talkless of Nigeria he just wanted a medal and he got it. So stop weeping these guys are doing their business so stop thinking anyone is thinking about Nigeria. Lol savage reality I guess
Wilfred Ndidi owns the Youth award. Coach Rohr can also get a shut at the coach of the year while the Top 3 African player of the Year should be Salah, Mane, Musa while Oshoala retains her title