Lucas Bjerregaard says he is looking forward to defending his Portugal Masters crown in Vilamoura next month. World number 122 Bjerregaard broke his European Tour duck at Dom Pedro Victoria Golf Course last year, beating Scotland’s Marc Warren in second by a comfortable four shots.
The 27-year-old Dane is yet to add to his trophy collection although he has managed to record five top-10 finishes this season – the best result being a tie for third at the BMW PGA Championship.
Bjerregaard has now confirmed he will be teeing it up in Portugal from September 20-23 and says it would be a fantastic feeling to win again.
“The Portugal Masters is certainly a special event for me now and I can’t wait to defend my title,” he was quoted as saying by the European Tour’s official website. “The final round last year is up there amongst my best rounds.
“Some of the shots I hit under pressure were the best I had hit in a long time and I really enjoyed going out there and closing out the 54-hole lead to get my hands on the trophy after being in that position a few times before.
“I’ve continued to put together some good results again this season and it would be fantastic to do the same at Dom Pedro Victoria once again.”
« Giants Land Featherstone Man
Bairstow To Be Targeted By India »