Anthony Joshua hopes to take on Deontay Wilder on April 13 but says he is “not interested in Tyson Fury”. Joshua holds the WBA, WBO, IBF and IBO heavyweight titles and is keen to face WBC champion Wilder in a unification battle.
Wilder and Fury faced off earlier this month in a showdown that ended in a draw and the WBC have sanctioned a direct rematch.
However, WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman has confirmed that his board would vote once again should Wilder request the chance to face Joshua next and ‘AJ’ says the American is his first choice for his next opponent.
“I’m not interested in Tyson Fury because he’s not the champion,” said Joshua. “I can’t control what Deontay Wilder does, I can’t control what Tyson Fury does but what I can do is control what I’m saying and doing.
“I knew in the negotiations I booked the date in advance, set the venue in advance and I’m making my point I’m willing to fight any one of these guys especially Deontay Wilder April 13 at Wembley.
“I want to fight the champions. I’m the one leading the pack, I’ve been doing that since my debut, five years in, seven world titles, I’m running the game.”