Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp says he is open to strengthening his squad this month – but only if it’s someone too good to miss.
The Reds boss has seen Philippe Coutinho depart, joining Barcelona in a £142million deal, with Virgil van Dijk arriving.
Klopp had been keen to bring Naby Keita from RB Leipzig, but the German club stood firm over the all-action Guinean midfielder, who arrives at Anfield in the summer.
There was also an interest in signing Alexis Sanchez, but the Reds were aware that they were always fighting a losing battle in terms of the financial figures on offer elsewhere.
Now, the German has admitted he is likely to go the rest of the campaign with what he already has at his disposal.
“If something jumps in my face we will think about it,” said Klopp, when asked about re-entering the market this month during in his interaction with the media ahead of Monday’s game against Swansea.
“First of all we have to use the high quality players we have.
“(Adam) Lallana isn’t the replacement for Coutinho but he’s a fantastic player.”
He remained coy on the future of Daniel Sturridge however, with the England striker attracting interest from abroad – notably Inter Milan.
“We have a long and decisive part of the season still to play,” offered Klopp. “We need all the players so we will see how it will be.”
Klopp also revealed that he won’t be letting Ben Woodburn, the young Welsh international, leave on loan this month.
The 18-year-old had been tipped to join Sunderland, in a move that would see him reunite with his ex-international boss, Chris Coleman.
“He is completely relaxed, his family is relaxed and I am relaxed. The request is logical but there’s no rush at the moment. He is in the right place.
“We will help him, of course, and if there is any point in the next year when we think he needs to go somewhere then we will consider that for sure. But not for the moment.”