Late Martial Strike Vs Everton Sends United Into FA Cup Final

Late Martial Strike Vs Everton Sends United Into FA Cup Final

Manchester United qualified for the FA Cup final after defeating Everton 2-1 in the semi-final on Saturday at Wembley.

A last minute goal from Anthony Martial sent United to the final.


Maroune Fellaini had given United the lead before an own-goal from Chris Smalling levelled the score.

They will now meet the winner between Crystal Palace and Watford who play the second semi-final on Sunday.

This will be United’s first final appearance since 2007 where they lost 1-0 to Chelsea.

Manchester United had the game’s first chance through Anthony Martial in the sixth minute which was cleared for a corner.

A minute later, Wayne Rooney made a clearance off Romelu Lukaku following Everton’s breakaway.

In the eight minute Marcos Rojo flashed a header inches wide from the post from Rooney’s free-kick.

Jesse Lingard had United’s next chance in the 12th minute only to see his half-volley end up in the waiting arms of Joel Robles.

Martial came close to giving United the lead on 21 minutes after Lingard pass but his powerful shot went just over the bar.

On 34 minutes, United’s dominance finally paid off as Marouane Fellaini opened the scoring, converting Martial’s cutback.

Lingard fired wide in the 54th minute following a great move that involved Fosu-Mensah, Rashford and Martial.

On 57 minute Everton were awarded a penalty after Fosu-Mensah fouled Ross Barkley but David De Gea saved made a save off Lukaku.

Former United midfielder Tom Cleverly was presented with a chance to level the score only to fire over the bar from close range.

In the 62nd minute United made the game’s first change with Antonio Valencia replacing Fosu-Mensah.

Lukaku almost made amends for his penalty miss on 63 minutes but headed over the bar from close range.

Fellaini came close to doubling the lead for United in the 65th minute but his effort was put out by Phil Jagielka who seems to have used his hand.

Everton made their first change of the game with Gerard Deulofeu replacing Aaron Lennon on 70 minutes.

In the 75th minute, Everton equalised following Chris Smalling’s own-goal.

Lukaku had a good chance in the 80th minute but head just wide after De Gea made an earlier save from Deulofeu.

Two minutes later Fellaini made a timely block off Lukaku from close range.

Martial finally got the second goal in stoppage time after good play from Rashford.

Copyright © 2022 Completesports.com All rights reserved. The information contained in Completesports.com may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without the prior written authority of Completesports.com.