The Nigeria Football Federation have dismissed fears of the outbreak of the Ebola Virus Disease by Congo, who have asked that an AFCON qualifier there be moved.
Nigeria are to host Congo on September 6 in the southern Nigeria town of Calabar in a Nations Cup qualifier. South Africa and Sudan are the other teams in this qualifying group.
Congo have reportedly asked the Confederation of African Football (CAF) to move the match away from Nigeria after the expressed concerns over Ebola there.
However, spokesman for the NFF Ademola Olajire said they have not been informed by CAF of this concern by Congo.
“The game will be played as planned on September 6 as we have not been informed by CAF of any protest by Congo,” Olajire said.
“Nigeria is winning the battle against Ebola and so there will be no changes in the date and venue for this match.”
Earlier this month, Lesotho stayed away from a final qualifier for the 2015 African Youth Championship after they also complained about the outbreak of Ebola in Nigeria and were disqualified by CAF.