Michael Olaitan has said he will take it a step at a time after he resumed full training with Greek champions Olympiacos following a health scare eight months ago.
In March, 21-year-old Olaitan was hospitalised after he lost consciousness during a derby against bitter local rivals, Panathinaikos.
Doctors carried out several further tests over the last months to ensure the Nigerian was in good health. He also visited heart specialists in Belgium to get a clean bill of health.
“I’m beginning to feel my body responding. I feel great, but will take it one step at a time,” Olaitan told the Olympiakos website Friday.
“It’s very important that I try and be patient, but I’m really happy with my progress.”
Olympiacos confirmed the midfielder’s remarkable comeback on their website, while his management company, Pro Sports International, congratulated the player, who played for Nigeria at the FIFA under-20 World Cup last year, on his return.