Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger says that wantaway striker, Alexis Sanchez, remains focused with the team despite several talks linking him with a move away from the club.
Manchester City and Bayern Munich have been reportedly ready to tempt Sanchez away from Arsenal with a wage offer in the neighbourhood of £15million-a-year.
Wenger revealed this during his pre-match conference on Thursday ahead of the Gunners’ trip to Anfield where they will face Liverpool on Sunday.
He also added that Laurent Koscielny is available for selection after missing the first two games of the season, but was non-committal on the readiness of Sanchez to start the game against Liverpool.
“He (Sanchez) works very hard, focused and gives absolutely everything. He loves to play so much that is is sometimes difficult to stop him, but he looks absolutely ready. He has not played for a long time, so I will have to decide what I do with him but he looks ready to play,” he informed the media during his pre-match conference.
“I will have to make that decision. It is Thursday today and we play on Sunday, and he looks in good shape. He has worked very hard.
“The fact that he goes into the last year of his contract doesn’t mean we can’t extend it. At the moment, we haven’t – we just want to focus as a team and not look too much at the contracts of everybody.”
Wenger revealed that French champions Monaco have declined selling winger Thomas Lemar this summer.
The Gunners have been heavily linked with the French international but Wenger says Monaco manager Leonardo Jardim has made it clear that Lemar will not be among those to leave Stade Louis II in the final week of the window.
“It’s dead because Monaco has closed the door,” Wenger said.
“They are still on cases like Mbappe and Fabinho. They’ve already lost Mendy, Bernardo Silva and Bakayoko, so Monaco is at a stage where they have closed the door.”