fbpx
HomeNigerian Footballers Abroad

Ancelotti: ‘Iwobi Doing Well, But Won’t be Risked vs Newcastle’

Ancelotti: ‘Iwobi Doing Well, But Won’t be Risked vs Newcastle’

Everton manager Carlo Ancelotti says Alex Iwobi won’t play a part in Tuesday’s Premier League clash against Newcastle United at Goodison Park despite the Nigerian winger’s return to full training, Completesports.com reports.

Iwobi copped an hamstring injury in Everton’s 0-0 home draw against his former club Arsenal in December.

The 23-year-old was replaced by Turkish forward Cenk Tosun in the 11th minute of the encounter.

He has missed Everton’s last five games in all competitions as a result of the setback.

Also Read: Super Eagles To Know 2022 W/Cup Qualifying Group Opponents Tuesday

Iwobi returned to training last week, but Ancelotti is adamant he won’t risked him against the Magpies who head into the game in buoyant mood after Saturday’s 1-0 home win against Frank Lampard’s Chelsea.

“Iwobi is doing well but won’t be risked,” Ancelotti told a news conference on Monday afternoon.

”We have had a lot of games, so the players are not recovering properly. We take more risks in this period. We are having a busy time and I think after this game, we have a period where we can train properly and have a good rest.”

Iwobi has made 16 league appearances for Everton this season and scored one goal.

By Adeboye Amosu

Copyright © 2020 Completesports.com All rights reserved. The information contained in Completesports.com may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without the prior written authority of Completesports.com.

 

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 0