Andreas Christensen says the Chelsea players have been told there will be no sales this summer should they not overturn a transfer ban.
The Blues have appealed against FIFA’s decision to impose a two-window ban on them signing players, running until July 2020, and their case will be heard by world football’s governing body on April 11.
Although a final verdict has yet to be delivered, Christensen appears downbeat on the possibility of the appeal being successful, claiming the club have informed the squad that no one will be allowed to leave in the summer.
Related: De Boer – Inter Group Was Rotten
He told Danish publication Ekstra Bladet: “The situation I have ended up in has been very difficult to accept. “The messages we have received are that Chelsea cannot appeal (against) the case and therefore want to keep all the players.” Should the club impose a blanket ban on all sales then that will scupper Christensen’s hopes of leaving, the Denmark international having previously expressed a fear he could be forced to move on if he did not feature more often under Maurizio Sarri. The 22-year-old has only played 19 times in all competitions this season, although his chances of more game time could be boosted if, as expected, Chelsea part ways with Sarri at the end of the campaign.11 BUSINESS NUGGETS FROM SUPER EAGLES BRONZE MEDAL TRIUMPH. The content of this ebook will propel you above your competition. DOWNLOAD NOW!!!