HomeWorld Football

FIFA Bans Congolese Coach For 20 Years For Sexual Abuse

FIFA Bans Congolese Coach For 20 Years For Sexual Abuse

A youth football coach from Congo was banned for 20 years by FIFA on Friday for sexually abusing an underage player.

The FIFA ethics committee’s case against Jonathan Bukabakwa followed media reports alleging sexual abuse of minors in the Congolese football federation.

It said the adjudicatory chamber had also fined Bukabakwa 100,000 Swiss francs (112,000 dollars).

 

Read Also: Why I Turned Down Chance To Sign Dennis — Watford Boss Valerie



The case, said FIFA’s statement, followed allegations on several media platforms of the sexual abuse of minors by coaches in different regions and leagues in DR Congo.

Bukabakwa was provisionally suspended for five months earlier this year.

FIFA said that following an investigation the adjudicatory chamber “was comfortably satisfied that Mr Bukabakwa had breached…the Code of Ethics.”

FIFA said that the decision was in line with its “zero tolerance approach to all forms of abuse in football”.



Copyright © 2024 Completesports.com All rights reserved. The information contained in Completesports.com may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without the prior written authority of Completesports.com.

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 0
Update cookies preferences