The Board of Athletics Federation of Nigeria (AFN) met at the Secretariat of the Federation in Abuja on Thursday 23rd January, 2020 to deliberate on important issues in Nigerian athletics and resolved as follows:
1. The AFN Board Members expressed immense gratitude to the Honorable Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Mr. Sunday Dare for his interest in Nigerian athletics and for paying the allowances owed Nigeria’s U-18 and U-20 athletes who represented the country at the CAA U-18/U20 Championships held in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire in April, 2019.
2. The Board of the AFN resolved to work with the Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development towards early preparation for participation in the following championships
i). World Indoor Championships in China.
ii). Mt Sac Relays in the U. S. A.
iii). World Junior Athletics Championships in Kenya
iv). African Senior Athletics Championships in Algeria
v). National Trials for the Olympics
3. The Board of the AFN resolved to ensure a positive perception of athletics administration in Nigeria following the negative reports that trailed activities of the Federation since the inauguration of the present Board in 2017 and vowed to make welfare of athletes’ top of its priority list. Members resolved that allowances of athletes will henceforth be paid promptly and in full.
4. The Board also resolved that resources given to the Federation must be efficiently and judiciously managed.
5. The Board approved the recommendations of the Disciplinary and Ethics Committee mandated to investigate four persons for alleged misdemeanor.
6. The Board therefore lifted the suspension order on Praise Idamadudu (athlete) and Sikiru Adeola Akeem Vice President, National Association of Technical Officials(NAATO) as well as Blessing Okagbare (athlete) and Divine Oduduru (athlete) for their roles in the shame Nigeria was subjected to in Doha,Qatar during the World Athletics Championships last year.
7. The Board of the AFN charged the Technical Committee to ensure merits is used in the selection of athletes and officials (coaches) to major International championships and Games.
8. The Board constituted Committees for the smooth running of athletics in Nigeria and charged the committees to ensure quality decisions are taken for efficient administration of the sport in Nigeria.
9. The Board accepted the report of the Committee set up to investigate the activities of the Board of Athletics Federation of Nigeria (AFN) from 2017 till date.
In accordance with article 10.5 of the AFN Constitution which gives Board members the power to address issues/cases not provided for in the constitution, Board of the AFN, by a unanimous decision of nine (9) voting members present voted for the impeachment of Engr. Ibrahim Shehu Gusau, for violation of AFN Constitution and gross mis-conduct.
AFN Board Members in Attendance
1. Honourable Olamide George (Acting President)
2. Tafida Gadzama (member)
3. Gabriel Okon (Performance Director)
4. Ahmed A. Kaita (member)
5. Hima Charles (Ag. Athletes Rep.)
6. Maria Worphil (member)
7. Prof. Emmanuel Ojewe (member)
8. Rosa Collins (member)
9. Dare Esan (member)
10. DIG. (rtd.) Sani Mohammed (member)
11. Prince Adisa A. Beyioku (Sec. General)
12. Adamu Danladi (Treasurer)Fastest Paying Betting Site in Nigeria: Grab your 140% First Time Deposit Bonus Now — www.Sportybet.Com Copyright © 2021 Completesports.com All rights reserved. The information contained in Completesports.com may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without the prior written authority of Completesports.com.