- Nigeria forward Kayode Olanrewaju is impressed with Shakhtar Donestk ‘ s performance in Monday’s pre-season friendly 6-1 win against Botev, Completesports.com reports.
- Kayode bagged a brace in the encounter and has scored three goals in three pre-season games for the Miners. The former Austria Wien striker is also determined to keep working hard in training to keep himself in good shape for the task ahead.
– I’m very happy that we’ve achieved such an excellent result. We played well and fought to the very end, although the opponents also tried to display their strong qualities ” Kayode, a former Nigeria junior international told Shakhtar Donestk ‘ s official website.
- “They are not weak opponents, we’ve just worked harder today, we acted as one team and therefore we won. “Form wise, we’re ready for the Europa League games.
- I’m also focussed on training: I need to compete both for myself, to be stronger, and for Shakhtar. Kayode joined Shakhtar Donestk on a permanent contract from Manchester City at the beginning of the season after impressing during a loan spell at the club.
- Shakhtar Donetsk will next face Austrian club, Wacker Innsbruck in another pre-season friendly on Thursday.
- The Miners next competitive game is the Europa League round of 32 clash against German club, Eintracht Frankfurt on Thursday February 14.
They will take on Oleksandria on Monday, February 25 when the Ukranian resume from the mid- season break.
By Adeboye Amosu
- Reply All