fbpx
HomeCricket

Langer to consider duo for World Cup

Langer to consider duo for World Cup

Australia coach Justin Langer says he would be crazy not to consider Steve Smith and David Warner for the 2019 World Cup.

Smith and Warner were handed suspensions from international cricket following their roles in the ball-tampering scandal against South Africa last year.

The pair will be eligible to feature at state and international level from March 29 and it looks like they will be involved in Australia’s World Cup squad.

The showpiece event starts in England on May 30 and Langer insists he will give them every opportunity to earn their place.

Langer said: “They’re going to need to get some cricket before coming back into the squad. It’s all part of the management. We’ll have to wait and see.

“We know it’s been a tough time for them, it’s been a tough time for Australian cricket, but we know the integration has been going for the last nine or 10 months – it’s getting closer, isn’t it?

And that’ll be a continued process. “It’s about how much cricket they get to play between now and then. They’ll find opportunities. We’ll find opportunities.

“We’re talking about two great players, we’re not talking about two really good players. Two great players who on paper we’d be crazy not to have them in the team.”

Copyright © 2020 Completesports.com All rights reserved. The information contained in Completesports.com may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without the prior written authority of Completesports.com.

 

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 0