Former Nigeria international Victor Moses has arrived in Italy for a medical, ahead of completing a move from Chelsea to Inter Milan.
According to Sky in Italy, Moses, 29, who has made six appearances in the Super Lig for Fenerbahce this season, arrived in Milan on Monday evening.
Inter’s sporting director Piero Ausilio confirmed an agreement has been made “in principle” between the Serie A giants and Chelsea for the 29-year-old.
Speaking in his pre-match press conference ahead of Tuesday’s Premier League clash between Chelsea and Arsenal, Blues boss Frank Lampard said: “On Victor Moses; he’s obviously coming back from his loan with a view to going elsewhere, and those talks are ongoing as well.”
Moses is set to become the fourth Premier League player to move to Inter this season, following Ashley Young, Romelu Lukaku and Alexis Sanchez’s transfers from Manchester United.
His deal at Stamford Bridge is due to expire in June 2020.
He arrived at Chelsea in 2012 from Wigan Athletic and since then has gone on loan spells at Liverpool, Stoke City and West Ham.
The winger has scored 18 goals and made 128 appearances in a Chelsea shirt.
Meanwhile, Inter, who previously made an offer of £8.5m for Tottenham’s Christian Eriksen, are now willing to pay £11m plus two bonuses to sign the midfielder this month and Ausilio will meet with Spurs chairman Daniel Levy on Tuesday to hold further talks.
Young has joined Antonio Conte’s squad after his £1.3m move was finalised last week, while the club remain interested in Chelsea forward Olivier Giroud.
Chelsea boss Lampard also says he is open to signing players on short-term deals this month and has not ruled out a move for PSG striker Edinson Cavani.
By James AgberebiCopyright © 2021 Completesports.com All rights reserved. The information contained in Completesports.com may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without the prior written authority of Completesports.com.