- Nigerian midfielder, Ramón Azeez, has penned a three-and-a-half-year deal with Spanish Segunda B club, Granada CF, reports Completesports.com.
- Azeez, 26, linked up with Granada from another Segunda B club CD Lugo, where he has played for the past two seasons.
- “Midfielder Ramón Azeez joins Granada CF from CD Lugo. He will be a red-and-white player for the remainder of the season and three more,” reads the statement on Granada’s official twitter handle.
- “He is central midfielder, great capacity for defensive work, physical deployment and attentive to the cut. He is a skilful footballer who reads the game well and can play long balls too. He is also always calm on the ball.”
- Azeez joins the list of Nigerians to have represented Granada following stints of the trio of Odion Ighalo, Uche Agbo and Isaac Success at the club.
- The midfielder, who once represent Nigeria at the U-17 and U-20 levels, is in line to make his debut against Osasuna on Sunday.
- He was part of Nigeria’s squad to the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil but sat out all Super Eagles four games in the tournament.
Granada occupy top spot in Segunda B table with 44 points from 23 matches.
By Adeboye Amosu
Azeez Pens Three-And-Half-Year Deal With Granada