Lucien Favre says Jadon Sancho has served his punishment for lateness and is now back in contention to play.
The England winger returned to the club late from international duty and was duly left out of the squad for their match with Borussia Monchengladbach on Saturday – who arrived into the match as the team at the top of the table.
They did not miss him too much however, as Marco Reus’ second-half strike was enough to sink Monchengladbach and end a run of three straight draws.
Favre’s side have now climbed up to fourth having won just their fourth match of the season.
Sancho was having an excellent season for Dortmund up until the incident having scored four goals and six assists in 11 appearances.
Related: Favre Rues Missed Chances
He also bagged his first England goals in September having scored twice in their 5-3 win over Kosovo in a Euro 2020 qualifier.
Despite being punished, Favre now says it is the end of the matter and the 19-year-old will now be in contention to play in their Champions League trip to Inter Milan on Wednesday. “It was a disciplinary measure. Tomorrow is a new day. That’s all. It stays internal,” he abruptly told reporters.
Club sporting director Michel Zorc had released a statement previously saying the suspension was only for one day.
He said: “He is only suspended today [Saturday]. Jadon is a good lad, but he’s very young and shot to the top. He
might test his limits and that’s why we decided to not call him up today.”
Dortmund’s next Bundesliga game is a tricky-looking tie with Schalke next Saturday where they could go to the summit of the table if results go their way.