Football scored a beautiful goal last weekend when Khadijah Damilola, daughter of prominent legal practitioner, A.U. Mustapha, SAN; and Mustapha Alao, son of popular sports journalist Dr. Mumini Alao were married in Ilorin, Kwara State.
Dr. Alao is the Group Managing Director of Complete Communications Limited, Nigeria’s pioneer sports publishers while A.U. Mustapha, SAN is the current President of the Confederation of African Football, CAF Appeal Board.
The bridegroom Mustapha Alao, a UK-trained financial analyst and computer animator, successfully dribbled his way into Khadijah Mustapha’s heart, and the young lawyer, who also trained in the UK, was truly smitten.
The colorful solemnization ceremonies commenced on Thursday, 26 August when the bride’s family led by the scion, prominent Kwara politician M.M. Mustapha, received the traditional marriage gifts according to Yoruba tradition from the groom’s family. The following day, Friday, 27 August, the Muslim Nikaah proper took place at the Mustapha’s family house in Isale Aluko, Ilorin with virtually all notable Islamic scholars in the city in attendance.
Chairman of the occasion was Kwara State Governor, AbdulRahman AbdulRasaq supported by Ekiti State Governor, Kayode Fayemi. Under heavy rainfall which observers saw as a spiritual blessing, Chief Imam of Ansar-ud-Deen Society of Nigeria, Imam AbdulRahman Ahmad conducted the Islamic wedding rituals formally joining the couple as husband and wife.
The wedding reception was held at the Arca Santa events center on Saturday, 28 August, drawing hordes of prominent personalities from across the country’s political, social and sports fraternities. Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai was the chairman of the occasion and he was assisted again by the host Governor, AbdulRasaq. Also present was the former Governor of Kwara State, AbdulFatai Ahmed.
The highlight of the ceremony was the grand entrance by the couple after both sets of parents had danced in to take their seats. Khadijah and Mustapha walked in majestically under a blaze of fireworks and paparazzi lights to the admiration of the enraptured audience. The couple’s love and fondness for each other was palpable all through as they chatted animatedly, seemingly oblivious of all the excitement and dancing happening around them.
In his remarks, Governor El-Rufai drew huge laughter from the jam packed venue when he issued a jocular threat of using his famous “Abuja bulldozers” against the groom if he maltreated the bride. Host Governor AbdulRasaq, former Attorney General and Minister of Justice, Chief Kanu Agabi, SAN and current Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Festus Keyamo, SAN, all admonished the couple on how to build a peaceful home together.
Cutting of the wedding cake by the couple was conducted by Alhaja Bola Shagaya who was assisted by Hajia Ummi El-Rufai, wife of the Kaduna State Governor. The knife was brought down on the five-tier cake with the spelling of the word, love.
The toast to the couple was led by the bride’s brother, Kamal Mustapha who extolled the Islamic virtues of both lovers. In saying the vote of thanks, the groom expressed gratitude to Allah and thanked all the guests, their two families and well wishers. Fuji music maestro, Wasiu Ayinde Marshal was on the band stand and took over the entertainment proceedings afterwards.
The two mothers of the couple, Hajia Muinat Seun Mustapha and Alhaja Medinah Temilade Alao were serenaded by gaily dressed close friends and well wishers on the dance floor.
Roll call of other special guests……
1. Governor of Rivers State, HE Ezenwo Nnyesom Wike, represented by Engineer Emeka Woke, Chief of Staff at Rivers State Government.
2. Osita Aboloma, ESQ, former DG, Standard Organization of Nigeria, SON.
3. Dr Tunde Ayeni, Chairman, Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company PLC.
3. Ambassador Niniola Akanbi, former Nigeria Ambassador to The Netherlands.
4. Senator Suleiman Abdu Kwari, representing Kaduna North.
5. Barr. Yisa Ibrahim Shaba, Senator representing Lokoja/Kogi Constituency.
6. Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba, Federal Minister of State for Education.
7. Chief Kanu Agabi, former Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice
8. Alhaji Garba Abubakar, RG Corporate Affairs Commission
9. Prince Lateef Fagbemi, SAN
10. Mrs Victoria Awomolo, SAN
11. Ahmed Raji, SAN
12. Dr Obi Adigwe, Director General/CEO NIPRD
13. Oba Adelodun, SAN
14. Aliyu Seiki, SAN
15. Paul Harris Ogbole, SAN
16. Kamaldeen Ajibade, SAN
17. Emeka Etiaba, SAN
18. Ahmed Raji, SAN
19. Afam Osigwe, SAN
20. Otunba Niyi Adebomire, SAN
21. Muiz Banire, SAN
22. Mr. Seyi Akinwunmi, (Esq.) 1st Vice President, Nigeria Football Federation.
23. DG, BPE represented by Toibudeen Oduniyi, Director, Post Transaction Management Department.
24. Hon. Afees Adelowo Jimoh, Chairman, Agricultural Credit Corporation of Oyo State/Proprietor, Chaste Intellect International School, Ilorin and his wife, Alhaja Khadijah Jimoh.
25. Alhaji Latif Adejumo, Director, Complete Communications Limited, publishers of Complete Sports, and his wife, Alhaja Adejumo.
26. Chief Segun Odegbami, Director, Complete Communications Limited and former captain of the National Team, Super Eagles.
27. Mr. Solomon Ojeagbase, group marketing manager, Complete Communications Limited.
28. Mr. Kunle Raji, Sports Consultant and Managing Director, Global Sports Concepts.
29. Prof. Ishaq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar.
30. Barrister Zikrullah Hassan, Chairman, National Hajj Commission.
31. Engr. Kamil Olalekan, Managing Partner, Index Engineering Consults, and National Amir, The Companion.
32. AbdulGaniyy AbdulMajeed, Lagos District Amir, The Companion.
33. AbdulRaheem Abdulbaki, Ilorin District Amir, The Companion.
34. Alhaji Tajudeen Adeyemi, Oil and Gas marketing consultant.
35. Prof. G.O. Akashoro, Deputy Vice Chancellor, Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin.
36. Dr. Bolu Folayan, HOD, Mass Communication, Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro.
37. Mr. Aliu Akoshile, publisher/CEO, NatureNewsAfrica.com
38. Dr. Khalid Adekoya, Senior Lecturer, University of Lagos.
39. Alhaji A.G Dairo, CEO, AG Dairo & Co. and Group Financial Director IHL, Lagos and his wife, Alhaja Faoziah Shade Gamu Dairo, Senior Lecturer, University of Lagos.
40. Dr. AbdulFatai Bello, Lecturer, Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin.
41. Mr. Aderemi Ogunpitan, Executive Consultant, IBST (Film & Television Productions) Limited, Lagos.
42. Mr. Taye Ige, President, HotSports Media Group.
43. Mr. Toyin Ibitoye, Special Assistant Multimedia, Minister for Youth and Sports.
44. Mr. Folabi Gambari, sports consultant.
45. Dr. Ahmed Tunde Popoola, MD/CEO, CRC Credit Bureau and wife, Alhaja Mariam Popoola.
46. Mr. Lere Alimi, MD/CEO, New Meridian Media.
47. Alhaji B.T. Rahman, MD/CEO, Real Technologies Limited.
48. Mr. Sulaiman Adedokun, MD, Meristem Wealth Management Limited.
49. Barrister Hassan Fajimite, Partner, AbdulKareem/Fajimite & Co. and wife, Alhaja Fatimah Fajimite.
50. Barrister F.B. Owodunni and wife, Alhaja Rasheedat Owodunni.
51. Alhaji Lukman Ayantayo, MD/CEO, Atman Limited, Security and General Printers and wife, Alhaja Taibat Ayantayo.
52. Alhaji Kamorudeen Bankole, Zonal Coordinator, National Lottery Trust Fund, and wife, Mrs. Omowunmi Bankole.
53. Alhaji AbdulFatai Abdulsalam, Publisher, As-Salam The Peace magazine.
53. Mr. Benson Iyomere, Principal Partner, Emrah Consulting Limited.
54. Mr. Steve Olarinoye, Director General, Kwara State Sports Commission.
55. Mr. Rasaq Asaju, Senior Manager, Globacom.
56. Alhaja Memunat Amasa, Kwara State Internal Revenue Service.
57. Mr. Bayour Issa, MD, SportsPro Ventures, Ilorin.
58. Mr. Kazeem Olowookere and wife, Hajia Anifat Olowookere.
59. Mr. Monsurudeen Subair and wife, Hajia Rakiya Subair.
60. Mrs. Mariam Sulaiman.Fastest Paying Betting Site in Nigeria: Grab your 140% First Time Deposit Bonus Now — www.Sportybet.Com Copyright © 2021 Completesports.com All rights reserved. The information contained in Completesports.com may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without the prior written authority of Completesports.com.