Moise Kean’s father says the striker will be a success in England as Everton put the finishing touches to a £29million deal. The 19-year-old is understood to be on Merseyside having held personal talks with the Toffees and will undergo a medical on Friday ahead of completing his switch from Italian champions Juventus.
Related: Maguire Misses Foxes Training
Juve had been keen to retain the teenager, while Arsenal were also understood to be in the mix but it is Everton who have won him over. The Italy international burst onto the scene at Juve last season, making 17 appearances and scoring seven times, and has chosen to make the switch to Goodison Park having been assured of getting regular game time by head coach Marco Silva.
Ahead of his move being completed, his father Biorou Jean Kean says he is expecting his son to have no problems transitioning from Serie A to the Premier League. “I completely trust my son, he will make a big impact in English football with his new team,” Kean told Omnisport. “He is someone who brings joy wherever he plays.
He will make our family, Italy and Ivory Coast proud.” His father went on to reveal that he had blocked his son from joining Manchester United previously, believing he would be better served staying at Juventus at the time. “I did stop his transfer at the time, his mother wanted to send him to Manchester United,” he added. “I said no because I wanted him to stay at Juventus and keep learning. He was not mature enough yet.