FIFA has confirmed that Chief Operating Officer Kevin Lamour left the organization, following his public criticism of President Gianni Infantino’s controversial plan to sell private stakes in the World Cup.
Lamour publicly stated that FIFA staff had been “deceived” by Infantino regarding a $20 billion commercial restructuring project.
Read Also:Scottish FA Drops Support For Infantino’s FIFA Re-Election Bid
He called the plan “the project of one person” rather than a collective administration goal and stated that he was ready to lose his job for speaking out against the lack of transparency.
“The time has now come for football political leaders to ask themselves the right questions and make the right decisions,” he said in a statement sent to the Associated Press (AP) and published on 31 July.
“If that means I lose my job, then so be it,” he added. “I will understand and respect that decision. At least I’ll sleep well tonight.”
Reacting to the development, FIFA stated that the working relationship with Lamour had ended, thanking him for two years of service.
Read Also:New Zealand Withdraw Support For Infantino’s FIFA Re-Election Bid
“FIFA can confirm that the working relationship between FIFA and Kevin Lamour as FIFA’s chief operating officer has ended on August 17, 2026,” a FIFA spokesperson told AFP, confirming a report in The Athletic.
“FIFA thanks Kevin for his two years of service and wishes him the best of luck for the future.”
Lamour joined FIFA in November 2024, having previously served as deputy general secretary at Uefa, and was two layers of management below Infantino.


