Cristiano Ronaldo has said his work is done in Europe and is looking forward to a new challenge at Saudi Arabia giants Al Nassr.
Ronaldo stated this during his official unveiling ceremony at Al Nassr on Tuesday.
Dressed in a stylish grey suit, Ronaldo walked through the stadium’s halls accompanied by club president Musalli Al-Muammar.
His welcome ceremony was at Mrsool Park took place in front of 25,000 fans.
Mrsool Park was full, after the club had charged just 15 Saudi Riyals ($4) for entry, with all proceeds going to charity.
Fans were treated to a light show before the main event.
And when asked about how he feels joining Al Nassr, the former Manchester United forward said:“So far I’m feeling really good, I’m so proud to make this big decision in my life, in football.
“In Europe my work is done, I won everything, I played in the most important clubs in Europe and for me now is a new challenge for me in Asia.
“I’m glad Al Nassr gave me this opportunity to show and develop not only for football but for football but also for the young generation, the women’s team and for me it’s a challenge and in the same way I feel very happy and proud.”
Ronaldo disclosed that he had offers from different countries before eventually signing for Al Nassr.
“I had many opportunities in Europe. Many clubs in Brazil, Australia, in the US and even Portugal.“
Ronaldo also said he wishes to make his debut on Thursday in the league match against Al-Ta’ee – if boss Rudi Garcia allows it.
“It’s not easy to win any games today. The evolution of football is different and this isn’t the end of my career by moving to the Middle East.
“For me, I’m really happy to be here and I know the league is competitive. I’ve watched many games. I hope to play after tomorrow if the coach gives me the chance.”
And on creating more records in the Saudi Arabia league:“I want to beat a few records here and it’s a good chance to move here. I’ve done it in Europe so it’s normal.”
The 37-year-old’s switch to Al Nassr was announced at the end of December after he had his contract terminated by Manchester United.
It is understood that the five-time Ballon d’Or winner will earn a whopping £177million-a-year after agreeing a contract until 2025.
Copyright © 2024 Completesports.com All rights reserved. The information contained in Completesports.com may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without the prior written authority of Completesports.com.