Three ground staff members at Brighton allege they were unfairly dismissed in a “witch hunt” after team selection was leaked online. The sackings are thought to have occurred last Friday and since then the GMB union has said the situation “stinks” and called for the Premier League outfit to reinstate the staff.
Brighton announced back in October last year that team selections were being leaked and now GMB have hit out at the recent sackings at the Amex Stadium.
Related: Pochettino To Decide On Kane
GMB branch secretary Mark Turner said: “No evidence has been found or presented by the club during this near three-month investigation which links our members to the supposed social media team leaks, yet they dismiss our members without notice.
“This just stinks and considering this club prides itself on its commitment to the standards, values and expectations set by the Premier League, the way they have treated their staff throughout this witch hunt is simply deplorable and unfair.” Brighton have said they won’t be commenting on the incident.