HomeNigerian Footballers Abroad

Chelsea Legend Urges Blues To Go For Osimhen In January

Chelsea Legend Urges Blues To Go For Osimhen In January

Former Chelsea star and 1998 World Cup winner with France, Frank Leboeuf, has urged the Blues to take advantage of Victor Osimhen’s issues at Napoli and sign him in the January transfer.

Osimhen is considering suing Napoli after a video on the club’s TikTok account mocked him.

The video was posted after the Super Eagles striker missed a penalty in Napoli’s 0-0 draw at Bologna on Sunday.

A video had earlier been posted on the club’s account where Osimhen was referred to as a coconut.

On Wednesday, Osimhen was back in action for the Serie A champions and scored in their 4-1 win against Udinese.

It ended Osimhen’s run of four straight games without scoring.
Speaking to Casinos En Ligne, Leboeuf said the best time for his former club to get Osimhen is in January.

“Chelsea need a striker and an experienced midfielder. I said last season that Mitrovic would be good – he’s not world-class, but he’s a leader and a fighter.

“Victor Osimhen is having problems at Napoli, and maybe Chelsea can go for him in January. There’s also Nantes’ Mostafa Mohamed – I think he could do a good job.

“Chelsea also need help in midfield, someone like Toni Kross or Luka Modric. They may be older and not play as many games, but they could definitely serve the club well.”

Leboeuf went on to describe the current Chelsea team as a mid-table side
“Let’s be realistic – Chelsea are a mid table club. Top players won’t come to Chelsea because the club has fallen.

Also Read: ‘He Has Quality’ — Fulham Boss Lauds ‘Dynamic Player’ Iwobi After Win Against Norwich City

“There aren’t many players in Ligue 1 who come to mind as a realistic option. Attracting players will be tough and players like Mbappe won’t want to come.

“The big players want to play in the Champions League. Arsenal had that problem for years, and so did Manchester United.

“It’s unbelievable to see what the club has become just two years on from their Champions League win. I’m disgusted with it.”

The 55-year-old said he has nothing against club owner Todd Boehly, but they need to change things quickly or else they will kill the club.

He went on to blame those in charge of player recruitment for the reason why the team is struggling.

“I’d say the people in charge of recruitment are the most to blame. It’s OK to sign young players to long contracts if they’re committed, but the board has forgotten to balance the team.

“The spine of the team is very young apart from [Thiago] Silva and there’s not much experience there. Even Enzo Fernandes looks very young, despite knowing the game inside out.

“I don’t see the leadership, and that’s the main problem. The recruitment team didn’t think of that, and I think everybody is responsible.

“Boely approved the deals and Pochettino is in charge. If I was asked to manage Chelsea, even I’d say no!

“The lack of leadership is an irreversible problem – and I don’t know how they can fix that.”


Copyright © 2024 Completesports.com All rights reserved. The information contained in Completesports.com may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without the prior written authority of Completesports.com.

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 1
  • Emecco 9 months ago

    PLS my dear Osimhen z don’t go to Chelsea or any other EPL club. The best bet For you is Real Madrid.

Update cookies preferences