HomeSports Extra

Murray Pulls Out Of Wmbledon Singles

Murray Pulls Out Of Wmbledon Singles

Andy Murray has announced that he will be pulling out of the Men Singles at the ongoing Wimbledon.

Recall that the two-time Wimbledon champion’s involvement had been thrown into doubt after he underwent surgery to remove a spinal cyst.

The 37-year-old, who won Wimbledon in 2013 and 2016, was due to play Tomas Machac of the Czech Republic on Centre Court on Tuesday.

 

Read Also: Paris 2024 Olympics: Egypt, Cameroon, 22 Others Begin Battle For Men’s Basketball Tickets



In a statement issued on Tuesday, Murray said that he will not be competing in the men’s singles at Wimbledon this year, but will still contest the doubles with brother Jamie.

“Unfortunately, despite working incredibly hard on his recovery since his operation just over a week ago, Andy has taken the very difficult decision not to play the singles this year,” Murray’s team said in a statement.

“As you can imagine, he is extremely disappointed but has confirmed that he will be playing in the doubles with Jamie and looks forward to competing at Wimbledon for the last time.”

Meanwhile, Wimbledon organisers said they were “sorry to hear” Murray was not playing in the singles.

“We are so looking forward to seeing you compete in the doubles and celebrating all the memories you have given us,” a statement added.


Copyright © 2024 Completesports.com All rights reserved. The information contained in Completesports.com may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without the prior written authority of Completesports.com.

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 0
Update cookies preferences